How many times have you packed for a vacation and forgotten something? It’s happened to most of us more than once, avoid leaving your essentials behind and utilize a packing list. Okay, so I hear you say, who has time to write a list before each trip….. especially when you leave it to the last minute to pack? Not me, so I have a checklist that I always use and I pack ahead of time, not at the last minute. I’m sharing my basic list with you today – from clothing & accessories, beauty necessities & toiletries, to tech & miscellaneous items.
Clothing – Pack each outfit together in clear ziplock bags, once worn replace ready for laundering.
- Outfits & Outerwear
- Pyjamas, Brasseries, Underwear & Socks
Toiletries – Decant any liquids & lotions into small 100ml travel size bottles.
- Deodorant, Body Wash & Lotion, Perfume
- Makeup, Cleanser, Toner, Moisturizer & Makeup Wipes
- Hairbrush, Hair Accessories & Sunscreen
- Toothbrush, Floss & Toothpaste
- Nail File, Clippers & Cuticle Oil
- Sunglasses, Glasses & Contacts
- Clutch, Tote, Belt & Shoes – Always wear your bulkiest shoes on your journey if possible to save
- Jewellery & Pashmina / Scarf
Tech Stuff – Have all of these items in easy reach for your journey.
- Cellphone, Computer & Camera Chargers
- International Adapters
- Passport & Identification – Make extra copies and stash these away in your tote & suitcase.
- Wipes & Hand Sanitizer – They are many natural alternatives so choose something non toxic.
- Prescription Medication With Doctors Letter
- Tide Pen, Micro Sewing Kit & Fashion Tape
- Umbrella & Sunhat
Optional Items – Depending on your destination.
- Swimsuit, Beach Tote, Flip Flops & Workout or Yoga Clothes
- Gloves, Scarf , Woollen Hat & Thermal Layers