I love finding a great bargain on sale, but best finds are those investment pieces that you will wear over and over again. Remember quality over quantity! The best “investment”options can sometimes cost quite a bit more, but if those items are on constant repeat will be then they might just be worth it.
These are some “investment” pieces that I believe are worth the money:
- Jeans: A great pair of well fitting jeans are one of the most important pieces to have in your closet. I have 5 pairs on constant repeat – skinny, straight, 7/8 cropped, boyfriend or bootleg. What ever your style is or maybe it’s all of them?
- The Button-up Shirt: Make you look good no matter what you pair them with. Easy to dress up with heels, or go casual with a pair of jeans and sandals. Solid white or black with gorgeous self-covered cloth buttons is my hands down favourite every time.
- Black Ballet Flats: Comfortable and well made, no fuss shoes that you can wear regularly are a must. Flats that can be paired with jeans and a striped t-shirt or a wrap dress.
- The Bag: A beautifully constructed bag is an absolute necessary, in a neutral colour for a versatile staple is always best. If you decide to invest extra money on a designer bag always choose a classic style, shape and brand.
- A Striped Tee: A classic look for years, the one pattern you can wear all the time and you always looked put together. Think Audrey Hepburn with a boat neck and 3/4 sleeves.
- The Blazer: The most underrated staple item ever, blazers are clothing piece that can take most outfits from day to night. Try adding a blazer to a button up shirt and a pair of skinny jeans with a statement necklace for polished look. Maybe black or hunter green velvet for winter and white or black linen for summer?
- A Wrap Dress: The dress to take you from work, to drinks, to date night. Whether it’s a solid or a pattern, make sure it fits you well – not to short just on the cusp of your knee and of a well woven medium density fabric.
- Fine Gold Jewellery: White or yellow gold jewellery, the more understated the better, have a few pieces that become your signature look. Simple but stylish and they will elevate your whole look, only purchase pieces of high quality meaning real gold and well made so you can wear them daily without concern of tarnish and repair.