Lemons will freshen up your day, why not try some of these super easy ideas to use fresh lemons around your home?
As A Deodorizer
- Try creating your own air freshener by slicing some lemons, cover with water, and let simmer in a saucepan for about an hour.
- To get odours out of wooden rolling pins, bowls, or cutting boards, rub with a piece of lemon but don’t rinse, the wood will absorb the lemon juice.
- Onion or fishy odours on your hands can be removed by rubbing them with fresh lemons.
- Toss used lemons into your garbage disposal to help keep it clean and smelling fresh.
Use As A Cleaner
- Clean discoloured silverware with a cloth dipped in lemon juice, then rinse with warm water.
- Fresh lemon juice in rinse water removes soap film from interiors of ovens and refrigerators.
- To clean the surface of white marble or ivory like piano keys, rub with a half a lemon, then wipe with a clean, wet cloth.
- Dip hardened paintbrushes into boiling lemon juice, lower the heat and leave the brush for 15 minutes, then wash in warm soapy water.
For Shine And Polish
- Use one part lemon juice and two parts salt to return chinaware to its original shine and luster.
- Remove scratches on your furniture by mixing equal parts of lemon juice and grapeseed oil then rub on the scratches with a soft cloth.
- To make furniture polish, mix one part lemon juice and two parts olive oil.
- Rub kitchen and bathroom faucets with lemon peel, wash and dry with a soft cloth to shine and remove spots.