Peppermint oil has countless uses around our homes with its cool, invigorating scent and antibacterial properties. I don’t like using toxic chemicals or sprays around the house especially those that we may breathe in and or unknowingly touch. A wonderful air freshener, Peppermint oil can also be made into a spray which deters ants from living in and around our houses, which seems to be more prevalent during spring and summer months. I have been using this recipe for years both here in Canada and Australia with great results.
- Mix 15 – 20 Drops Of Peppermint Essential Oil With 1 Cup Of Water In A Spray Bottle.
- I Use A Brown Glass Spray Bottle As Essential Oils Are Preserved Longer In Glass Rather Than Plastic.
- Shake Well.
- Spray Along Cracks And Crevices Or Wherever Ants Are Seen.
- Always Store The Spray Bottle Out Of Direct Sunlight As The Bright Light Can Degrade The Potency Of The Oil.
- Don’t Forget To Shake The Bottle Thoroughly Before Each Use.