Basil Oil or Ocimum Basilicum Oil is used for respiratory, muscular and joint support. The compounds found in the oil of steam distilled leaves, stems, and flowers are significantly larger than in just dried or even fresh leaves. Basil oil is said to be ‘the oil of renewal’. It is strengthening and calming to the heart and mind, making it perfect for stress and fatigue. Don’t forget not all essential oils are created equal, buy a high quality brand with an emphasis on purity, I personally use Doterra Essential Oils.
Uses And Benefits Of Basil Oil
- Soothes sore muscles and joints by applying to fatigued or sore muscles and joints.
- Use basil essential oils topically on the feet or by diffusing them aromatically to fight fatigue.
- Apply to minor skin irritations, always dilute with fractionated coconut oil before applying to sensitive skin
- Acts as a cooling agent for the skin.
- Diffuse to sharpen focus while studying or reading to promote mental alertness.
- Apply topically to deal with feelings of anxiousness, fear and nervousness.
Basil Household Cleaning Spray
2 Cups Of Filtered Water
1 Cup Of White Vinegar
15 Drops Of Basil Essential Oil
20 Drops Of Lemon Essential Oil
Combine In A Glass Spray Bottle, Shake Before Use, Store In Cool Dark Place And Discard After 3 Months.